Forklift Truck Mechanic
The job of a Forklift Truck Mechanic is to ensure the proper functioning and operation of forklifts. Such mechanics are mostly hired by warehouses, shipping docks, manufacturing houses and other such facilities to ensure the proper transshipment of goods and materials. Individuals for jobs of this genre require being well acquainted with the safety and industrial regulations for operating such vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting regular service and inspection of all forklifts.
- Ensuring that the equipment is functioning smoothly and is safe for operating.
- Interacting with forklift drivers to know of any malfunctions in the forklifts.
- Test driving the forklifts to detect issues and repairing the same.
- Maintaining a record of the service cycles and the part changes made in the truck.
- Following all safety norms laid down by the industry for work related functions.
- Placing requisitions for spare parts.
- Ensuring the proper handling of all repair tools and testing equipments.
- Following all orders and tasks as assigned by the supervising manager.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to detect all technical malfunctions in the forklift trucks.
- The aptitude of effectively managing time to meet necessary deadlines.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college.
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree or diploma in mechanical or automotive engineering or any other related field of study with a license of operating a forklift and 2 – 3 years of experience of working as a forklift mechanic.